Billing & Insurance
For Health Insurance Holders On The First Visit
- Severance Hospital Is A Tertiary Hospital. Therefore, Health Insurance Is Applied Only When A Medical Care Request Form (Medical Treatment Request Form) Issued By A First-Level Medical Care Institution (Hospital/Clinic) Or A Health Checkup Report With Abnormal Findings Is Provided.
- For This Reason, Please Be Sure To Bring (1) A Referral Letter Or A Health Checkup Report With Any Abnormal Findings. If You Have (2) Medical Records And MRI/CT Images To Submit, Be Sure To Prepare Them Before The Visit As Well.
- For more information, please check out the link below. https://www.nhis.or.kr/english/wbheaa02300m01.do (You can find more detailed information in the fifth clause of Care Benefit Process in the website)
- For the 2nd phase of care benefit, the patient must present a referral slip issued by the doctor who saw the patient first. The referral slip must include the fact that the benefit beneficiary needs the 2nd phase of care benefit from a tertiary general hospital. Issuing a doctor's referral slip based on a health care delivery system enables appropriate treatment according to the doctor's decision at the 1st primary care institution; thus aiding in the effective management of medical resources. Issuing a doctor's referral slip at a patient's request is never allowed because it is against primary purpose of the health care delivery system.
For Foreign Insurance Holders
- Direct Billing Is Available For Patients With Insurance Companies Or Institutions That Have A Partnership Contract With Severance Hospital.
- To Expedite The Process, Please Check Your (1) Insurance Coverage And Exceptions Via Your Insurance Company’s Portal And Call Center Before The Visit. Also, If You Have (2) Medical Records And MRI/CT Imaging To Submit, Be Sure To Prepare Them Before Visiting.